Day 18


The best part of holidays off from work is getting to have some quality time with the kids. That's one of the things I like most about being a teacher - holidays and all summer long I can do the "stay at home mom" thing so I don't feel like I'm completely missing all the wonderful little things that go on in my kids' lives from day to day.

Today we just hung out - they played at the gym while I worked out this morning. Then they helped with the laundry and dishes, we ate together, took a little nap together, and then snuggled on the couch to watch a movie with some popcorn.

This morning in the car we talked about why I got to stay home today and how we were remembering Dr. King. Chloe perked right up and said she learned all about him in school. She said, "The world was very sad because kids couldn't go to the same schools just because of the way they looked. They couldn't even share a water fountain. And then Dr. King tried to make everyone be friends. But some bad, bad people killed him. It was sad." We talked some more about what an awful world that was and how some people today still have all that hate in them.

Chloe announced, "Mama, people shouldn't even look at your outsides, just your insides, even though they are invisible." Keep looking at people's insides, baby girl, and you will be just fine!

Comments

Popular Posts