Day 32


I've mentioned before that we are a book reading family - we read together every night for 20-30 minutes. This is such a special time and one of my favorite things that we do together.

My kids are on a Mo Willems kick right now, and I love it because his books are so much fun to read. We have all of the Elephant and Piggie books (looks like there are several more coming out this year!), almost all the Pigeon books (we are missing The Pigeon Gets a Puppy), Edwina, Knuffle Bunny, Knuffle Bunny too, and Time to Pee. The kids have all the Elephant and Piggie books memorized and act out the scenes from them - it's hilarious. My favorite is probably There is a Bird on Your Head because I love the way the kids act it out - they use funny voices and move around the room pretending to be the characters. I think Bradley could have a career as a cartoon character some day! :)

I'm going to start doing a Monday Memories Link on here every Monday so we can maybe have some audience participation. :) So my Monday questions are:

What books do you like to read with your kids? What was your favorite book to read as a child? Join the fun and share your memories!

My favorite books that my dad read to me were the Shel Silverstein poetry books. I memorized most of them when I was really young. Later, I read and re-read all the classics (I had a large collection that someone had given us - hardbound with 2 novels per book, one on one side and you flipped it over for the other one. I wonder where those are now.). As a tween I fell in love with Anne of Green Gables and still enjoy snuggling up and reading them again. I don't really read as much now for my own pleasure (other than craft magazines!). Can anyone recommend something good that doesn't have sparkly vampires in it? :D


Comments

Popular Posts