12 Days of Christmas Gifts - Day 1

If you are like me, you have all your holiday shopping done already (well, almost!). But, if you are like everyone else in the world you might have a few little things left to pick up. For the next 12 days I'll have a post about something someone you love will need, want, or just have to have! Hopefully it will give you a little help and motivation to get that shopping done before it's too late. We'll talk about gift wrap later! :)

Day 1 - The Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker.

Oh. My. Gosh. I LOVE this thing! It is high quality Pampered Chef Stoneware that comes in either this great white (which I have) or a lovely Cranberry (which I bought for my mom). It is amazing and I cannot imagine my kitchen without it. You can cook an entire chicken in about 25 minutes! It's perfect for frozen chicken breasts - I buy them on sale, season them, and freeze individually. Then, when I want one I just pop it into the Baker, cover, and microwave for 20 minutes. They are freezer, microwave, and oven-safe so you can just put leftovers right in the fridge. It does casseroles beautifully and if you purchase from my consultant (Shannon Schlachter) she will even send you a TON of recipes (main courses, appetizers, casseroles, and even desserts) for the Baker. I made a crazy good Mexican Lasagna in the microwave in around 25 minutes and it tasted like it had been baked in the oven - crispy, cheesy top, oozing sauce and cheese in the middle.

Now, it IS stoneware, so you can't put it in the dishwasher - but it's really easy to clean. You just soak it in HOT water and scrape with a PC scraper. It takes more time than the dishwasher, but it's still worth it for the time you will save preparing delicious, healthy, home-cooked meals in the same amount of time it would take to bake a frozen pizza. I try to limit the amount of chemicals, preservatives, and salt my kids ingest so with this Baker I know exactly what they are eating and don't have to worry. The $69 price tag might seem a bit steep, but I assure you it is absolutely worth it! They make great gifts (I plan to give one to my sister. Shhh!) and you can shop online and not have to battle any traffic!

Bonus Stampin' Up! Gift Idea: Voila!

Use this adorable set to personalize your recipe cards. Giving the Deep Covered Baker as a gift? Include some pre-decorated recipe cards with it (just tie them with a festive ribbon and place inside Baker before wrapping) so that your recipient can start keeping track of her favorite Deep Baker recipes!


Have fun shopping! Be sure to stop back for the next 11 days to see the rest of the Must Haves of 2009. Remember, it is more blessed to GIVE than receive (but you can always leave this list under someone's pillow to remind them to give, too!). Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular Posts