Monday, January 26, 2009

Sketch Challenge - Card #3

I actually did manage to get some more stamping done this weekend, event amongst the plague-ridden in my household. I lost track of how many loads of laundry I did, and this next card was completed over several hours when I would take a few minutes to breathe clean air! For a while Bradley amused himself playing on PBSkids.org on my computer and I got some quality time on the other side of the craft room. I don't know if I'm going to make this 9-sketch goal, but I'm still going to try!

Before Chloe took her nap, she was having a great morning - and she helped me punch out the scallop squares. She LOVES punches and will play for a long time with scraps of paper and my punches. One time she spent over an hour playing - first she punched a ton of flowers with the SU! Trio Flower punch, and then she sorted them into piles. It was cute, and I use those flowers all the time! :)

So, here's my take on the sketch by Donna. Sorry it's leaning back - I was having some issues with my set-up when I took the pic last night.



Here is a close-up of Tilda - you can see the balloons better in this picture. In person you can see how much they shine with a LOT of Crystal Effects on them. :)



I'm still learning the whole watercolor paper/marker thing, so just ignore my coloring goofs. I'll get it eventually!!

Hopefully everyone will be feeling better tonight on the home front and I can play some more! I've got 6 cards to get done by Thursday - and I won't be able to stamp at all on Wednesday because of my grad class.

Well, I'm off for a fun day - have to get Bradley to day care, take my car to the shop and get a rental (from the accident), and head over to work. After missing Thursday and Friday last week I'm sure I have 100 unread emails and a pile on my desk to tackle.

Have a great day!!


Materials (all SU! unless otherwise mentioned)

Card stock: Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand, So Saffron, Watercolor paper
Designer Paper: Delicate Dots (not yet released!! It will be FREE during Sale-a-bration!!)
, Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue Prints Designer Series
Stamps: Tilda with Balloons (Magnolia)
Ink: Staz On Black, Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery
Other: 2-way Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen, SU! Markers, Copics, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Mini Glue Dots, Sponge, Crystal Effects, Paper Snips, Scallop Square Punch, Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, White Signo Gel Pen, Scallop Rectangle Nestabilities, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Snail Adhesive


3 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my. You've had a lot going on. And you were still able to make an absolutely fabulous card! Big cootie-free hugs to you!

Heather P. said...

What a super cute card! And your coloring is incredible. :)

Elaine said...

I think one of my comments posted in the wrong place....I love the colors you combined on this card, Abra!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin