Monthly Recipe Card Swap!

It's time to start our Recipe Card Swap Club! Recipe cards are fun for many reasons...

  1. You know that box under your counter stuffed with recipes you never use? Well, now you can get them organized and you can actually use them!
  2. You get tired of your own recipes - try some from other crafty folks!
  3. Everyone will be jealous of your gorgeous Recipe Card Albums.
  4. You can keep them or use them as one-of-a-kind gifts.
  5. You get to share your craft talents AND your Grandma's famous recipes.
:)

Here are the rules:


These cards should be your best work - they will be part of treasured albums and I expect to see high quality. If you send poorly made cards I will return them - we have high standards! :) Look at my other samples (click the Recipe Cards link in my sidebar) to see what I mean. They don't have to be full of embellishments or overly complicated, but they have to look good and be made with quality materials.

Recipe Card base needs to be GOOD, thick card stock (Stampin' Up!, Paper Trey Ink, etc) - we don't want flimsy cards! The cards are 6"x6".

Each card needs to have at LEAST 2 layers - use Nesties, patterned paper, card stock layers.

Each card needs to have at LEAST 1 embellishment (brads, ribbon, bling...etc).

And, of course, you need to include a recipe according the theme of the month!

Please only use one side of the card - most people put them back-to-back in the album sleeves. You can, though, put your contact info (name, blog, etc) on the back. Please, also, give credit on the back if the recipe is not your own (or your family's).

Sign-ups close on June 10th and the swaps are due to me by July 10th. Email me to sign up - the first 12 people to email will be allowed in the swap. Once everyone is signed up I'll email you the final count. I'll also email you my address so you know where to send the swaps. Each month the swap will re-open, so if you don't get in on the first one you can get in on the next one!

You need to put them in a protected mailer and you might consider putting them in a large plastic baggie inside the mailer so that they don't get wet (just in case!).

Everyone will make however many sign up +1. I'd like to have at least 10 people per month - so share with your friends!

The theme for June is Summer Appetizers.

I can't wait to get started!
************************************************************************************

EDITED TO INCLUDE SWAPPERS THIS MONTH:

1. Me
2. Kristine Breach
3. Katherine Winter
4. Michelle Robinson
5. Debbie Pamment
6. K. Johnston
7.
8.
9.
10.

We have room for at least 4 more! Please email me your contact information - some people replied to the post, but didn't send me their email addresses. Thank you!
These spots will be open until June 10th! If you are already signed up you can start making your swaps - you'll have at least 6+1 for now.

Comments

Helen said…
Please let me know when you do your next one. I would have liked to join this time, but it just wasn't working for me. stampinwithelen@hotmail.com
Thanks! (I can't wait to see how they all turned out!)

Popular Posts