Daddy's Little Brag Book

(BLOG CANDY offer down below!)

For Father's Day I wanted to make my man a little photo album of the kids - but it could NOT be, in any way, girlie. That meant no pink, no ribbon, no flowers, and for goodness sakes NO glitter! :)

This is what I came up with. I've been meaning to post it, but he had already taken it to work and proudly displayed it on his desk. So cute, huh? It makes use of badge holders, which is really cool because there is another tutorial on SCS right now for a Badge Holder Minibook. Try out both ways and email me your results - I'd love to see them!

I'm starting the images here with the 2nd page of the album because the first page is supposed to be of my husband with both kids, but we haven't quite gotten that photo yet. I did some of the embellishing on the card stock behind the photos, and some of it on the badge for more dimension. There was SO much more I wanted to do, but I had to force myself to keep it simple so my husband wouldn't be afraid to leave it out in plain sight!

ed: I used the Crop-A-Dile to punch the holes through the sheet metal base...I guess you could use a drill if you don't have a Crop-A-Dile, but now that SU! has them - whee! :)




Materials (Mostly SU!, other's listed)

Base: Sheet metal frame (
The Scrapbook Village)
Card stock: Wild Wasabi, Sahara Sand, Basic Black
Ink: Wild Wasabi, StazOn Black, Basic Black
Stamps: Looks Like Spring, Tiny Talk (SO sad it's retired!), Doodle Alphabet, Polka Dots & Paisley, Doodle This, Three for You, Halloween Backgrounds, Canvas BG
Other: Badge Holders and binder rings (
Office Depot), Blender Pen, Slit Punch, Crop-A-Dile (so glad SU! offers it now!), Sponge, Mini Glue Dots, Making Memories "Best Friends" Tag, Tab Punch

Comments

Heather P. said…
Your kids are SOOOO cute! :) You did a great job with the brag book! I'm all about the "girly stuff" so I would've had a tough time making something without at least a little ribbon. LOL
Abra Leah Cross said…
I actually couldn't resist, either... I had tied two bits of black ribbon knots - one around each of the metal rings. But, when it came back from his office they were gone. :) Hmmm....
Ally B said…
Very very cute Abra, I just saw this today in SCS so once I get all moved and stuff I am for sure gonna make one of these.
Kristine said…
AWE...what a genious idea!! Love that brag book. Your kids are so adorable! I love little things like this--you did an awesome job!! :)
snaphappy said…
This is such an adorable project!!!!
Ana Wohlfahrt said…
You sure do have some cutie pies!! I love this little album..its such a great idea. Thanks for the inspiration!!
Craft Accident said…
Hey! great job! Thanks for sharing the link!
Anonymous said…
Very cute, great job!
dawnmercedes said…
Is that chipboard the pages are on?

Popular Posts