Heavy hearts

My kids have been blessed to go to a wonderful in-home day care center. Chloe started when she was 15 months old and stayed until this year when she started Pre-K. Bradley started there when he was around 8 months old and is still there. Chooch and Robbyn are an amazing husband-and-wife team with seemingly endless energy and love. We adore them.

Today at noon my office phone rang and Chooch was on the other end - he was sobbing and managed to say that, "The baby died." My heart dropped to my feet and I asked which baby (my 18 month old niece also goes there). He said that his grandson had just died. His little grandson, Taeden, was only 11 weeks old. I immediately called my mom and she left to go get Bradley and Alyssa. I left work and rushed to my sister's house to check on the kids, and then drove by Robbyn and Chooch's to see if they needed help with any kids still there - but everyone was gone.

Apparently their daughter went to check on the baby during his morning nap and he was blue and not breathing. The 9-1-1 operator stayed on the phone with her while she performed infant CPR until the paramedics arrived. Sadly, it was too late. He was pronounced at the hospital.

I am just absolutely overwhelmed with emotion - I cannot even imagine what they are all going through. Even with all of my pregnancy losses, I just do not know what I would do if anything happened to either of my kids. I think I would just stop breathing.

Please take a moment and say a prayer for this family as they are grieving the loss of their precious baby.

Comments

Popular Posts