Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November Design Team Card #1

When we submit our projects for the A Scrap Affair Design Team, we have to submit at least one layout and one card. The time around I did two cards and one layout. I'll post the 2nd card later this week.

In the meantime, here is the first card I made. I really like square cards - gives me more surface area to embellish. :) The paper is from the Playtimes Past Collection by Graphic 45. Those little wooden soldiers are actually from a piece of patterned paper - I just cut them out using my trusty SU! Paper Snips. I haven't found a better pair of scissors anywhere! The card stock is by Bazzill and the brads are Making Memories.

I used my SU! Crafter's Tool Kit to punch the holes for my stitching, and I just used plain ol' embroidery floss from my massive stash to do the sewing. I inked all my edges with SU! classic ink in Chocolate Chip. The tag was made with my SU! Key Tag punch (I don't think I could ever own enough SU! punches!). The sentiment stamp is also SU! (of course!) from a set called Season of Joy.

I would love to make a ton of these to send out this Christmas, but there is NO way I'm cutting out 75 more of those precious little soldiers!!



2 comments:

Elaine said...

You are one patient cookie!~ LOL Great card, but it better be going to someone really special after all that work ;-)

Courtney said...

Oh, girl. This is GORGEOUS! I love those little soldiers. Perfect!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin