Not quite what I planned

Friday the 21st I was looking forward to a week off of work - a week filled with outings, crafting, and spending a lot of quality time with my kids. It started off well - Mike and Matt got my Christmas boxes down for me so I could start decorating.

Enter the bug.

Saturday around lunch Chloe and I started running fevers, and by nap time I was bed-bound. We didn't even go to church on Sunday because Bradley, Chloe, and I all had fevers. Poor Mike was trying to take care of us and stay the heck away from us as much as possible. It was wretched. Bradley was fine by Sunday night, though, which led me to believe that Chloe and I would soon recover.

Not so much.

Bradley cheerfully went to daycare on Monday. (Well, sort of cheerfully, there was this little situation - starting on Thursday the 20th he woke up at night calling for me. I went, and that's when the trouble started. He regressed and would SCREAM for several hours before finally falling asleep, only to wake up screaming again every few hours. On Sunday he woke up every 2 hours on the dot - which was great because I was getting up every 2 hours to check Chloe's temp.)

Chloe and I stayed in bed and cuddled all day Monday, with tiny trips to the Kitchen and Living Room for Sprite and crackers. We also did some quality decorating, albeit only the lower portion of the tree (her extension is not that great, and I was too tired to get up from the floor). Tuesday was much better, though, and Mike started his vacation time so Bradley stayed home, too. I was actually able to get to the store to get the last few things I needed to create a brilliant holiday feast (I promise I washed my hands!) for my dear family. I also finished decorating the big tree (the little one is still quite naked....I'll do it soon, though!).

I only cooked a small bit on Wednesday, and reserved all the Major Cooking for Thursday. And you would be so impressed!

Mike made his famous pasta salad (really, ask anyone we know!) and I baked Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread and Pumpkin Bread on Wednesday. We also had Alec over to play and Mike threw out his back wrastling with him in the backyard. He still can't move. FABULOUS!

On Thursday I made (without boxes and such!):

Honey Baked Ham
Fire Roasted Peppers and Green Bean Casserole (my own recipe)
Sweet Potato Pumpkin Soup (this one, too!)
Marshmallow Sweet Potatoes
Cornbread Dressing
Brown Gravy
Cranberry Relish (with for realio-trulio cranberry fruit)
Baked Carrots with Apples and Pears (also my own recipe)
Chips and queso (to munch on while waiting for dinner, of course)

Out of a box, etc:

Rolls
Pies
Mike's cranberry jelly stuff that keeps the shape of the can. Ugh.

My sister brought the mashed potatoes, turkey, broccoli rice casserole, and more pies.

And the crazy thing is that so many of us were feeling sick that we hardly ate anything!! We drank a lot of Sprite and did stay up for a while playing games (a family tradition). And, we were insane enough to wake up at 2:45 this morning to hit the stores for Black Friday.

I go back to work on Monday and I don't think I had a vacation at all!! But, just look at this little darling.

I hope YOU had a great Thanksgiving free of cooties, and full of fun. :)


Comments

Courtney said…
UGH> What is it with all the kooties this year? Maybe we should blame it on IKE.

Sorry you guys were sick. We were too. Only it was me and Corbin. :)
Elaine said…
I hope you're all well now...glad that you got to hit the sales anyway! LOL

she's a cutie pie!

Popular Posts