{SMOOCH}

This is the last of my DT "audition" entries - an altered item. I figured that most people would alter a journal, notebook, tin, etc. I wanted my entry to be different, something unique. So, I altered a wooden spoon. What's with these short spoons, anyway? You can't stir with them or you get burned, and they aren't really good for serving. I challenge YOU to drag out your forsaken wooden spoons and do something crafty with them! If you decide to be creative, post it on your blog and link back to me so we can see how many people get in on the fun. :)

I'm kind of bummed because I forgot to take a picture of the complete project. I actually mounted this (8.5x11) on a piece of 9x11.5 orange Bazzill card stock - the same paper that the letters are die cut out of (With my Cuttlebug, of course). I'll have to take a picture of it next time I'm at A Scrap Affair.

I used the same designer papers as on the other two projects (by KaiserCraft), SU! chipboard letters and inks, buttons (by American Crafts), Crystal Effects (SU!), and my trusty ProvoCraft Sew Crafty Mini sewing machine. I used white acrylic paint on the wooden spoon, and then I distressed it with sand paper. The flowers are all hand cut with my Paper Snips from the designer paper and adhered to the spoon with Modge Podge. I used 2-way glue to adhere them to the page. Lastly, Mini Glue Dots (SU!) keep the spoon where it belongs.

What do you think?


Comments

Kristine said…
LOL--Too funny!! Poor hubby that he may not get a delicious home-cooked meal every night, but if the other part's true, he's still a lucky guy!! =) Lol.
Ana Wohlfahrt said…
Love this! The stitching is amazing :)
Courtney said…
Oh wow! Way to think outside the box! This is fantastic!
Elaine said…
OHHHHHHHH SMOOCHIE!! LOVE this card, girlfriend! Great job on all of it - it's unique and so very appealing!

Popular Posts