A fantastic Affair

As you can see by my new little button in the left sidebar, I'm now a member of the A Scrap Affair Design Team. I love the way Meredith allows her DT members to design every other month so those of us who work full time AND have families still have plenty of opportunities to design for ourselves, too!

For my DT "audition" I had to submit a card, a layout, and an altered item so Meredith and the DT coordinators could assess my skill and style. I'll share each entry with you over the next week. For all three projects I had only 3 sheets of double-sided designer paper by KaiserCraft, a box of multi-sized buttons by American Crafts, and a couple of sheets of Bazzill card stock. Well, those were the products I was demoing. I got to use my own things to fill in the blanks.

First up is the card I did. I like making square cards (but not the extra postage!) because I love the balance that they allow. I used my ProvoCraft Sew Crafty Mini to do the stitching, my Cuttlebug to do the embossed swirls on the card stock, flowers by MM and Prima, Felt Fusion flowers by SU!, chipboard letters by SU!, ink by SU!, and brads by American Crafts.

I enjoyed the colors of the DP and really like that it was patterned, but also has depth of design. I like layers and I'll take them any way I can get them. It was also lovely because it was double sided and gave me greater freedom to explore the color combinations and design elements of the paper - which will be more evident when you see the next two projects. :)


Comments

Kristine said…
CONGRATULATIONS!! That's terrific news...I'm sure you'll love it! This card is cute--love the squares and the sewing!! =)
Allison Rankin said…
Super card...love the grid pattern since it's a great way to use up scraps!
Courtney said…
Oh! I am so excited for you! They couldn't have picked a better person!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!
Janine said…
Great card and site! Thanks for stopping by mine! I appreciate your wonderful comments!
Unknown said…
Very nice! I love the stitching. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Popular Posts