Saturday, August 15, 2009

More skirts for Chloe

I've really been busy with getting things ready at school, but when I'm not crazy over schedules, paperwork, and the like I've been sewing back-to-school clothes for Chloe. She loves to wear skirts, but I'm not spending a ton of money for trunk show clothes that it turns out I can actually make myself.

Before this summer my sewing experience consisted of basic scarves, blankets, curtains - straight stitches without any complicated patterns and such. But, I've really started to enjoy sewing! Since I don't have a serger (but will soon thanks to my darling friend, Lisa) it takes me a bit longer to finish the seams, but they still turn out quite nice.

It doesn't take much fabric - and I've done several in the same color scheme so that it's easy to buy tops to match. I haven't quite mustered up the courage to try making a top, though I've made a few pillowcase-style dresses. Here's a couple of my latest creations and I didn't use a pattern for either of them - I just made it up myself! Neither one took more than two hours to make.






Anyone have any suggestions for good places to get fun skirt/dress ideas? I've been using You Can Make This for some of my ideas. The little apron skirt I made a couple of weeks ago was done with a pattern from that site. Pretty good prices for some adorable clothes.

I can't wait to get Chloe dressed for school! :)

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Very cute Abra! I especially love that second one! Bright pretty flowers :) She's gonna be so stylish this year!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin