New paper and stamps!

I got my first order from the new Fall-Winter 2007 Catalog on Thursday, but I was working on my daughter's birthday invitations until today so I didn't have a chance to play with anything. (I'll post pictures of the invitations later!) It was VERY tempting, but I resisted - it's like seeing presents under the tree 4 days before Christmas! I made an excuse to open the paper, though, because I had to make a little boy's birthday card. I knew I would love Wild Wasabi and Soft Sky! They look GREAT with Sahara Sand and Taken with Teal (a color I don't use nearly enough). Tonight I cut out a few of the stamp sets, so I'll start experimenting with them this week and hopefully have something to share soon. :)

This is my first time using these colors AND this layout. I've seen it on cards all over the Interweb, and I have been wanting to play with it for a while. (Does anyone have any good measurments for it? I kinda winged it, so it's not as precise as I've often seen!) I wanted to do some paper piercing, but I just didn't have enough time. I'll play with the layout on another card and see if I can give it some more texture. This is such a fun stamp set, and I'm really glad it wasn't retired.



Materials (All SU! unless otherwise mentioned)

Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Wild Wasabi, Taken with Teal, Soft Sky
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, Taken with Teal
Stamps: Canvas, Bugs & Kisses, Favorite Teddy Bear (Retiring!)
Other: Giga Scallop Punch (Marvy), Paper Snips, Snail Adhesive

Comments

Kristine said…
CUTE!! so furry and green :) great job on this one...love the colors you used.

Popular Posts