Down on the Farm

We spent the day at Dewberry Farm yesterday, and had a blast as always. It's been a tradition for a while now - check out pics from previous years here. It was WAY more crowded this year than every before, though, so if you are going to head out I highly recommend you buy your tickets online ahead of time. We pack lunch and the kids eat the car because even the lines for food are crazy. This year the wait for one turkey leg was over 30 minutes!

Here's Bradley on the tractor - his favorite part of the experience:


We went through the Corn Maze for the first time ever and it started out fun... with Mike in the lead we made it to the center of the maze and the lookout tower pretty quickly.


But then we tried to rely on Mike to get us out. Yeah.


So, I had to take over the lead and I got us out after Mike had led us back to the center THREE times. Scenic route and such. Gah! What IS it with men and directions? :)

We finally made it out to the actual patch, and the kids all had a great time finding the most sincere pumpkins in the whole patch.






After a LONG day in the sun, we headed out to Katy and the Rainforest Cafe, where we always have dinner after we visit the Farm. Since Bradley and Lexi both have birthdays coming up, the kids all shared the famous Volcano dessert. Everyone had a wonderful time - but I am burnt to a crisp.

I somehow managed to get sunblock on everyone else - but not myself. I am lobster red and already have blisters. I have no clue how I'm going to deal with work tomorrow, but I guess I'll figure it out. I've already tried fresh aloe from my backyard, processed aloe from the drug store, and now I'm moving on to the vinegar treatment. Yikes!

Despite the burn, it was a great weekend. I love fall!

Comments

Popular Posts