I didn't know!

I helped my Upline with Stampin' University last weekend and it was a BLAST! Six demonstrators each showcased three different techniques to 45 guests who rotated around the different demo tables. I demonstrated the Magic Snowflake technique (from SS), my own version of making your own Stickles using SU! inks so it matches your projects, and ribbons roses.

I have been making ribbon roses since I was a little girl - my mom taught me when I was like 5 and I've been doing it ever since. I showed some of the gals at one of my scrap clubs how to do them and that's when it occurred to me that no one else knows how to make them so easily! I have an INCREDIBLY easy way to make sweet roses for any project. Here's one of them on a card I did to showcase the technique:


In person it's not as squashed looking - my scanner lid kinda smushed it. But, isn't it cute? You can make them as big or as small as you'd like, depending on the size ribbon or fabric you use. If you'd like to learn how to make them, just email me. I'll work on a video tutorial this week, though, because it's kind of hard to explain in writing. :)

Materials (All SU!)
Card stock
: Close to Cocoa, Rose Red
Designer Paper: Rose Red Prints
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Piercing tool

Comments

Suzie0712 said…
Good morning! You peaked my interest not only with the Ribbon roses but also with the homemade stickles. Can you give some furthe instructions on those as well. ;-)
StampingBetty said…
You can make your own stickles with SU!? Tell all! please...
Lovely card.
Anonymous said…
Hello, what a beautiful card !
I'm having a handmade Christmas card on my website... I hope you will join :-)
Kristine said…
Oh, that's beautiful!! :) Love everything about it. Sorry I've been gone for so looong! Things have been really busy for us here. THANKS for the email too. I'm soo sorry I didn't get back to you on the header/help with the site. Turns out we had a computer guru right there in our church and he's putting it together for us. I see you've been gone for a few weeks as well. Is everything alright?? Hope and pray all is well. {{hugs}}
Anonymous said…
could you do a tutorial for the roses. Really like them

Marie
OOOOHHHH MY! I cannot wait to see your tutes!!...both the ribbon roses and your SU STickles recipe!...I found you surfing....gonna bookmark you in my faves, for sure!! I will be back!
My Paper World said…
Looks great! I look forward to the tutorial!

Popular Posts